Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Minecraft Server Status

play.communitycraft.co:25565

Online (1/51)Online Players:
  • justeene

My museum

Being inspired by a museum created by ehickey, I have started on a museum of my own, the ultimate goal of which is to display every item in game that I can.  This includes stuff I have in my arboretum and zoo, which means yes, I am collecting animals too, and will later create an area to display hostile mobs (zombies, creepers, etc).  So far I only have world blocks on display (dirt, stone, emerald ore, bedrock, etc), and am working on additional rooms for food, tools, weapons, building materials (stairs, fences), redstone, etc. 

I have placed a chest near the museum for anyone who wants to donate.  Please place anything you want to donate in the chest at Bob_Keep,donation, and let me know so I can acknowledge you on my wall.  Thanks!

Comments

• I think you have to spawn a mob in to keep it around, or else it disappears after no one is around for a while.  I can take care of that part once you have containment up.  I learned that the hard way after luring mobs into glass tubes, then finding them missing as soon as I came back.

I have a surplus of most of the plants I have on display, and extras of most ore types.
  • edited June 2015
    You can use name tags to keep mobs from despawning.  Also have all ore types, and only missing tall ferns and tall dead grass, cause I have yet to figure out how to put two ferns and grass on top of each other.

• theres a special way you can harvest them, I dont remember how though...
  • Tall grass (dead bush) can't figure out, but the tall grass and tall fern are created with bonemeal.
  • not just created, but theres a way to harvest them too. I just dont remember the details.
  • Below is a wish list of items and mobs I am currently looking for for my museum/arboretum/zoo/prison.  I will accept other items not on the list, but they are ones I can obtain or have.  Please take a look in my area before donating so you can find out if I have that item or not.

Mobs (hostile mobs can have a name tag (can be bought from librarians) placed on them to keep them from despawning):
    Bat
    Cave Spider
    Mooshroom (have one and want one more)
    Ocelot/Cat (would like both taimed and untaimed)
    Rabbit (black only)
    Wolf/Dog (would like both taimed and untaimed)

Items:
    Tall Grass (Dead Shrub) [(or a way to create it or harvest it)]
    Prismarine (have one block, and would like two more)
    Dry Sponge
    Skeleton Head
    Creeper Head
    Wither Head
    Zombie Head
    Steve Head
    Full set of Chainmail Armor (no enchants)
    Full set of Diamond Armor (no enchants)
    Diamond Horse Armor
    Rabbit's Foot
    Beacon
    Nether Star

Items I will probably never get but if there is a way.......:
    Command Block
    Barrier Block
    End Portal Frame
  • you can get the command block but it'll have to be admin in and till be locked out so once there it cant be broken or moved. barrier lock is kinda hard bc its invisible and the end portal frame you can get admin in also.
  • have brb see what he can do about getting the blocks for you
  • Cool thanks!!!!....  Need to set up a special spot for them..
  • can cave spiders be put in minecarts? I have some cave spider spawners at /res outpost
  • Yes, any mob can, even seen vids where they where using carts to move around Ghasts.   Would have to do a rail through the nether though due to the distance. 
  • Ya Lord Bob I'll be on later today and I'll help out with the blocks you cannot normally get.
  • May or may not be ready for them today.  I know how I want to display them, and might take a bit to create the displays.  Quick question, the end portal frame, can that just be placed in a chest for later, or do you have to place it?

• lets have admins place them manually
  • Update:  Thanks to my wife Div and Bugs, I have been able to shorten my list, as well as optain an Ender Chest and Dragon Egg.  I also have spots prepared for the three admin placed blocks.  Each spot is labeled with a sign and are on floors three and four (floor one is the building, floor 2 is the basic blocks, etc.)

Mobs (hostile mobs can have a name tag (can be bought from librarians) placed on them to keep them from despawning):
    Bat
    Cave Spider
    Rabbit (black only)

Items:
    Skeleton Head
    Creeper Head
    Zombie Head
    Steve Head
    Rabbit's Foot
    Beacon
    Nether Star

Items I will get from brb at the ok of ubu.......:
    Command Block
    Barrier Block
    End Portal Frame
  • I can get you: 
    Rabbit's Foot
    Beacon 

• I can get you the nether star and prismarine when I get back on
  • Update:  Thanks again to my wife Div and Bugs, I have been able to shorten my list even more. Still have yet to have anything placed by an admin, and the display stands are getting lonly.

Bat
    Cave Spider
    Rabbit (black only)

Items:
    Skeleton Head
    Creeper Head
    Zombie Head
    Steve Head (may need admin on this one too)
    Nether Star

Items I will get from brb (or another admin) at the ok of ubu.......:
    Command Block
    Barrier Block
    End Portal Frame

• That will be fine just remind me when we are both on. I feel it goes without saying the command block just cannot be used.
  • edited June 2015

Thanks to  brbdogsonfire, the admin created blocks are now on display!  I now only need the following items.

Items:
    Skeleton Head
    Creeper Head
    Zombie Head
    Nether Star

The hardest ones to get will be the three remaining heads, since the only way the Skeleton, Zombie, and Creeper will drop a head is if they are killed by an charged creeper explosion,  and the only way to get an charged creeper is to wait for a regular creeper to be within 4 blocks of a lightning strike.... now if only lightning rods existed. 

• if you want lightning, i do believe when admins come online, they generate an actual lightning strike.
  • For science!
  • There may even be a way to spawn a charged creeper or just spawn in the mob heads
  • edited June 2015
    We can get the mob heads for him but I feel like if he is able to actually get the items on his own we should try for that. There are videos online of how to get charged creepers I believe.

• Would have to be done by an admin for the heads, and you cannot spawn a charged creeper, has to be created with lightning,  Been trying to avoid asking admins for stuff that a player should be able to get on their own.
  • /summon Creeper ~ ~ ~ {powered:1}
  • yes we can spawn the creepers as charged, or the creeper heads themselves. This tends to go against being a survival server though.
  • That vid is amazing! 
  • I think you can get grass with a shear?
  • Tried, you get two single high grasses from a double.  You are suppose to be able to get it to grow with bone meal on a sand block  if you use it on a grass block next to a sand block, but have yet to get that to work.
  • One other item thats not in your museum is a command block in a minecart.
  • Argh!  I missed that.......  will need to make a spot somehow for it.....
  • ok, have a spot ready with a minecart for whoever wants to put a command block in it
  • Update: 

Zoo Mobs (hostile mobs can have a name tag (can be bought from librarians) placed on them to keep them from despawning):
    Bat
    Cave Spider
    Spider
    Rabbit (black only)
    Wolf/Dog (if you know the location of wolves, note down the x and z cords. They are found in Taiga bioms)

Items:
    Skeleton Head
    Creeper Head
    Zombie Head (Heads can be obtained when the mob is killed in a charged creeper explostion)
    Nether Star

Items I will get from brb (or another admin) at the ok of ubu.......:
    Minecart with Command Block

• Sure if we are ever on together.
  • lol I know... and I am now good on wolves and dogs.
  • go for it... lets surround it with glass so its not tempting to steal
  • Eh honestly it will look better not with glass and only OPs can modify command blocks right? If so if they steal it the have a useless cart.
  • So I am back, and noticed there was an update with all new stuff to add to my museum.  Below is a list of items I am missing.  Some I know I can obtain on my own, and some may have to be given by an admins if there is no way for a player to get them. 

I have a chest near the museum for anyone who wants to donate.  Please place anything you want to donate in the chest at Bob_Keep.donation, and let me know so I can acknowledge you on my wall.  Thanks!

Skeleton Head
    Creeper Head
    Zombie Head (Heads can be obtained when the mob is killed in a charged creeper explostion)
    Nether Star
    Spawn Eggs, all spawns
    Monster Spawner
    End Rod
    Chorus Flower
    Chorus Plant
    Purpur Block
    Purpur Pillar
    Purpur Stairs
    Purpur Slab
    End Stone Bricks
    Beetroot
    Grass Path
    Repeating Command Block
    Chain Command Block
    Structure Block
    Frosted Ice
    Chorus Fruit
    Popped Chorus Fruit
    Beetroot Seeds
    Beetroot Soup
    Dragon's Breath
    Spectral Arrow
    Tipped Arrow
    Lingering Potion
    Elytra
  • Can you get on Monday or Tuesday night around 8 or 9 for me to help you get the blocks or items that need to be spawned in? Cause as ubu said he'd like them placed manually
  • Possible Tuesday would be better, if you are placing stuff then I need spots for you to place stuff. Let me know which ones you plan on placing so I can concentrate on those areas first.

• Update,

Got a bunch of stuff from CuCN, so here is the updated list

Skeleton Head
    Creeper Head
    Nether Star
    Spawn Eggs, all spawns
    Monster Spawner
    Chorus Plant
    Grass Path
    Repeating Command Block
    Chain Command Block
    Structure Block
    Frosted Ice
    Dragon's Breath
    Spectral Arrow
    Tipped Arrow
    Lingering Potion

• Grrrrrrrr

Add Ender Chest :(
  • edited March 2016
    ill give you the nether star and ender chest from my own supplies the rest ill have to spawn in

nether star 
    minecart with command block
    spawn eggs
    monster spawner(maybe)
    repeating command block
    chain command block(i didnt even know about the repeating or chain ones)
    structure block
    ender chest

also on tuesday ill be on around 9pm
  • Thanks to Pyro, I am now down to the following few items

Skeleton Head
    Creeper Head
    Nether Star
    Dragon's Breath
    Spectral Arrow
    Tipped Arrow
    Lingering Potion
  • For science I have been experimenting on creepers. If an admin logs in on a creeper the Lightning effect will turn them into a charged creeper.
  • edited March 2016
    Or you could create them with your golden pickaxe
  • i can probably just spawn charged creepers for the lulz

• so does that mean your willing to just give them the heads?
  • Hey, I donated a end crystal. Be careful, it will blow up. Also, you have to place it on obsidian. :)
  • Ok, ty. Though I find it odd that that did not show up on the master item list I have been using, which was supposed to be updated for 1.9.... makes me wonder what else I might be missing.
  • Update:

Items still needed for museum:

Skeleton Head
    Creeper Head
    Zombie Head (Heads can be obtained when the mob is killed in a charged creeper explosion)
    Dragon's Breath
    Spectral Arrow
    Tipped Arrow
    Lingering Potion
  • Update:

Creeper Head (Heads can be obtained when the mob is killed in a charged creeper explosion)
    Dragon's Breath
    Tipped Arrow
    Lingering Potion
  • I'll get you the potion. What kind do you want or just a random lingering potion?  And I may be able to get the tipped arrow.
  • It you can get those you can also get the dragons breath as dragons breath is needed for both of those items
  • Doesn't matter what kind of potion. It is for display purposes only.
  • He now has all heads. Thank you Pyro for the help with that.

• edited April 2016

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... A horse in my museum is now missing his diamond armor, and am borrowing a set from Divenchi36......

Update:

Dragon's Breath
    Tipped Arrow
    Lingering Potion
  • There's no protection for horse armor, so the only way to prevent someone from taking it is to make sure nobody can mount the horse.
  • edited April 2016
    You'd have to turn off the use command in the area to do that I think
  • I think turning off use generally only protects blocks, not entities (except it also protects item frames from being rotated). In places with -use I can still shear sheep, ride horses, take things off armor stands, and open chest minecarts.
  • k ill check out region flags for something that might prevent riding horses
  • For now, I have put up a layer of glass blocking people from touching the horses.

• do you need a skelital horse
  • I have a few already.
  • Update,

Thanks to today's adventure with my wife, I now have the remaining three items for my museum. If there is anything at all I may have missed that is not on display in my museum, arboretum, or zoo, or any improvements, let me know.