Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Minecraft Server Status

play.communitycraft.co:25565

Online (0/51)

Donations to museum and zoo

Hello all!!!

I have found ways to expand my museum even further!   I am requesting donations of the below items.  I have set up a hopper next to the museum for people to deposit any donations.  Also let me know if you have any suggestions, comments etc.  about my area.  To get there, /res tp bob_keep.museum and /res tp bob_keep.zoo1.

Music Disks:

Blocks
Chirp
Far
Mall
Mellohi
Stal
Strad

Various enchanting books (Go to the third floor enchanting section to see which ones I am missing, and yes, I know all books look the same)

25 Dragon's Breath ( I am now displaying all lingering potions and tipped arrows)

1 Polar Bear egg

For zoo, there are some animals that need replacing that have disappeared.  I can not longer replace them on my own because you can not longer place a lead on certain animals, so I would need an admin t spawn them there.  Or, to make it easier, just place a spawn egg in the donation hopper so I can spawn it myself.

1 Wolf
2 Ocelots
2 Polar Bears

lordbobx

Comments

• You've now got a wolf and 2 ocelots.  I'm unable to spawn polar bears for some reason (no error, they just never appear).

• Maybe because I have animal spawning turned off in my zoo?

• Oh, and the ocelots have disappeared........ but the wolf is still there.
  • I'm out of country for a few more days I'll help get some of this when I get back.
  • I had to turn animal spawning on to spawn the animals, but turned it back on (in case you had a reason for it).  Spawning being off shouldn't eliminate existing animals.

If you can tell me where your donation box is, I can put some eggs in there.  

Another option is to create a pair of command blocks in the area, one to check for the presence of an animal within the area (spherical region only last I tried it out), and another to spawn the animal whenever none is detected.  As long as the sphere radius covers every part of the enclosure it should work, and it shouldn't conflict with other detectors in nearby enclosures (since each is only checking for one animal type).

I used something similar in the poultron reactor to detect leaks, so I'm sure it can be adapted to keep the zoo stocked.
  • The donation hopper is between the entrance to the museum an the entrance to the gift shop, built into the side of the hill with a sign. We will see if we can get the animals to stick around, an if they keep vanishing we can try the command block tactic. Thanks a ton!
  • Whatever animals you spawned are gone, maybe they need a name tag?
  • Update:

Now have all of the potions and arrows on display, and most enchanting books. Still need the following:

Music Disks:

Blocks
    Chirp
    Far
    Mall
    Mellohi
    Stal
    Strad

1 Polar Bear egg

For zoo:

2 Ocelots
    2 Polar Bears